Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Manassas during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. at 703-260-1148 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.