During the cold Manassas months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. as soon as possible if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. at 703-260-1148 or arrange an appointment with us online.