Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Manassas is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. in Manassas at 703-260-1148 today.