You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make sure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a major change on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the new temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 703-260-1148.