As spring starts, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Manassas? Even if your AC unit is up-to-date or was running well last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your system checked annually by a Air-Right Energy Design pro can help spot small issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little issues before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine components and complete a set of cooling performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into major troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your system is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Today with Air-Right Energy Design
Now is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Air-Right Energy Design pros a ring at 703-260-1148 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your upcoming service.