Having regular air conditioning service performed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Manassas summer, have the professionals at Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. complete your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the environment.
- Look for correct airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We recommend taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. today at 703-260-1148.