As spring starts, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Manassas? Especially if your AC system is recently installed or was operating just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to book any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment examined yearly by a Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. specialist can help locate minor problems before they turn into huge malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outside your home, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to take care of intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect inside your system can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create elevated energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity bill and in the long-term, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps locate small troubles before they become large, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine components and perform a cycle of air conditioning performance tests. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate problems before they create major problems that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free operation throughout the season. After your air conditioner is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is vulnerable to premature meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should include a check and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the following areas and pieces:
- Total system condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Now with Air-Right Energy Design, Inc.
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Air-Right Energy Design, Inc. pros a ring at 703-260-1148 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, don’t forget to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.